dhcp update dns

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Nov 7 02:18:40 UTC 2002

% I don't see anything in the Linksys documentation which suggests it has the
% ability to generate Dynamic Updates to a DNS server. What do you expect from
% such a cheap device (don't take that personally: I use a Linksys too)? If you
% already have a functional DNS server on your LAN, why don't you make it a
% DHCP server as well and then you can integrate them together?
%
% - Kevin

and for that matter, put your web server, print spooler, and shell accounts
on the same machine?  * note well, this is an attempt to point out that
there are -REALLY- good reasons to seperate functions onto distinct platforms.
my dhcp server is -NOT- on the same platform as the DNS.  It runs all by
itself.

--
--bill