.info domain not resolving

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Sat Nov 9 19:50:05 UTC 2002

Antony Andrews wrote:
> I registered a domain (antonyandrews.info) with a registrar called
> Domain Name Systems a while back.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I instructed them to make ns1.antonyandrews.info
> the authoratitve name server for this domain (I'm running my own DNS
> server). Although ns1.antonyandrews.info now resolves to my IP
> address, antonyandrews.info doesn't resolve (It should resolve to the
> same IP address as the NS;  213.208.109.19)
>
> I'm already successfully running my own nameservers for several
> domains, including another .info domain. I'm thinking the tld servers
> for .info (tld1.nominum.com) aren't delegating to my nameserver.
> Presumably Domain Name Systems are supposed to update the registry for
> this to happen?
>
> Domain Name Systems are saying they've done everything correctly their
> side and the problem is that my NS is misconfigured.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

It looks like antonyandrews.info doesn't exist:

$ dig ns antonyandrews.info

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2rc1 <<>> ns antonyandrews.info
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;antonyandrews.info.            IN      NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
info.                   7200    IN      SOA     tld1.ultradns.net.
domadmin.ultradns.net. 2002894610 3600 1800 604800 3600

I'd contact your registrar about that.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, available now!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/