TSIG & notify's question

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Wed Nov 13 08:23:19 UTC 2002

I've obviously not been spending enough time contemplating SIG bugs, so
this question occurred to me today. I have a fairly standard config:

slave:
key "slave.master." { blah; };
server master { keys { "slave.master."; };

master:
key "slave.master." { blah; };

Now, here is my question. I initially left out the server declarations for
my slave servers in the master's config because I thought to myself that
the master doesn't send queries to the slaves, so there is no point.
However, it dawned on me today that the master _does_ send notify packets
to the slaves.

Hence my question. Are notify packets signed if the stuff is there? I'm
guessing no off the bat, and a quick search of ns_notify.c doesn't
indicate anything tsig'y, but I want to be sure that I'm not missing
anything.

Thanks,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?