question about MX record setup

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Nov 14 17:39:10 UTC 2002

> From: yang2002_99 at yahoo.com (Yang xiao)
> Date: 14 Nov 2002 06:11:53 -0800
>

> Hi all,
> We have a MIMESweeper server between our firewall and the email
> server. And we added another MimeSweeper for backup fallover purposes.
> I thought I could use MX records to tell the mail server to do this
> but I think this is broken:
> smtp    IN  CNAME  10 smtp
> smtp    IN  CNAME  20 smtpbackup

CNAME should be MX

Regards,
Gregory Hicks
Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

"The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
one...  the sky's the limit.

You can have it done good, fast, or cheap -- pick any two.