patched?

Glenn Vidad gvidad at myersinternet.com
Fri Nov 15 18:13:46 UTC 2002

another one of those '...  i was expecting this, but i got that..."
episodes.
i just patched our nameservers, but when querying version.bind, i get...

[gvidad at metropolis gvidad]$ dig @localhost -c chaos -t txt version.bind

; <<>> DiG 9.2.0 <<>> @localhost -c chaos -t txt version.bind
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;version.bind.                  CH      TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
VERSION.BIND.           0       CH      TXT     "8.3.3-REL"

;; Query time: 3 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(localhost)
;; WHEN: Fri Nov 15 10:05:11 2002
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 64

[gvidad at metropolis gvidad]$

is this expected output, or did i not patch my servers correctly?  if it is
expected output,
aside from actually patching them myself (which i did) is there any other
way of knowing
my servers have been patched...

Glenn Vidad			Myers Internet, Inc.
System Administrator		http://www.myersinternet.com
(408) 321-5465
(408) 428-9960 ext. 5465

"The Complete Internet Solution For Mortgage Originators"