GUID CNAME's go missing

Tim Maestas tmaestas at maestas.dnsconsultants.com
Fri Nov 15 20:46:28 UTC 2002

When you say you see a delete, do you mean something is sending a dynamic
update and deleting the record?  Or is it NetID is "pushing" DNS configs
out that don't include your dynamically updated CNAME?  NetID needs some
mechanism to become aware of dynamically updated records so that it can
include them in future DNS data generations.  Not being familiar with
NetID I'm not sure how they do this, but I'm sure they do.....QIP does it
with a CLI that zone transfers the zones, then shoves all the dynamically
generated records into the database.

-Tim