Site suddenly unavailable??

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Nov 18 05:01:44 UTC 2002

At 04:38 PM 11/15/02, Alan Murrell wrote:
> > since you didn't bother to specify the domain in question all you get is a
>
>I didn't think it relevent, since I had already checked the expiry date, and
>it wasn't (well, *isn't* <grin>) set to expire until November 17th.

If you aren't going to post the domain name, why are you posting at all?
None's going to be able help you without knowing that information. Just
because you looked the expiry date doesn't mean that there isn't something
else wrong. I'm not sure what you're protecting, but you certainly aren't
helping your customers who at this very moment are themselves losing
clients since they can't get to your customer's Web site or mail server.
Either that or you are just not interested enough to get it fixed.

> > wild-ass guess: your serial number is too large.
>
>Not any larger than the other domains: we use YYYYMMDDxx (where "xx" is a
>number between 01 and 99, depending on how many changes are made to a record
>in a day.  For example, using the above format, a sample serial number would
>be '2002111501' - the year 2002, the 11th month, the 15th day, and the first
>change of the day)

You didn't give the domain name so he took at guess. You didn't give
anyone any information to go on.

Danny