patches on BIND

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Nov 18 20:06:56 UTC 2002

"Johan Larsson (EAB)" <Johan.Larsson at erv.ericsson.se> wrote:

> Hi!

> I am in a situation where upgrading to a new BIND release each time a n=
ew bug is found is too time consuming. Is it possible to somehow get patc=
hes for certain bugs on certain BIND releases, or do I always have to upg=
rade to a new release to get a correction? Right now I am running BIND 9.=
1.3.

> Best Regards,
> Johan Larsson

I have been running bind-9.2.1 quite some time now. And rebuilding=20
from source is reasonably fast and gives me "current" features=20
in addition to fixes.

Building on one machine & distributing the binaries to additional=20
machines is one way of shortening patch-cycles.

On some systems ( where need to backout is critical) i have resorted=20
to installing files with version number appended, creating links
to the "vanilla names, that way the old binaries is just a "mv" away.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,