how to change the save path of named.run

John magiciq at noordbrabant.net
Mon Nov 18 19:09:38 UTC 2002

Hi DNS folks,

Our DNS is a HP-Unix platform with BIND 8.2.5.
We use sig_named debug tool to generate a debug file.
Normal the log file "named.run" is saved under /var/tmp, but in our DNS
the file is located under /etc/named. You see immediately the problem
-->  The file system will be very quicky full.
So I want to change the path of "named.run" where it will be saved. My
question is: How and which file I have to edit to change the path to
/var/tmp or where ever.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

John