Bind v9.2.2rc1 and h2n v2.50

Andris Kalnozols andris at hpl.hp.com
Wed Nov 20 07:40:33 UTC 2002

> i am using the 'subject' mentioned configuration on solaris 7.
> i am unable to get h2n to place the $INCLUDE directive at the end of
> the db.domain file. i have created a spcl.domain file, however, h2n is
> not placing the $INCLUDE directive for this file in the db.domain.
> my h2n options are as follows:
>
> h2n -H hosts -f h2n.options
>
> h2n.options looks like this:
>
> -I warn
> -B namedb
> +c named.conf M
> -d domain spcl=spcl.domain mode=D
> -n X.X.X
> -y
> -s ns.domain.
> -s ns1.domain.
> -u root at domain.

If `spcl.domain' appears without a pathname, h2n expects to find this
file in the directory from which it's run.  The non-existent file (from
the perspective of h2n) is being silently ignored.  I'll fix the -d
option in v2.51 (due out in a few days) to issue a warning if the
specified `spcl' file can't be found.

Also, the correct syntax for your +c option is  +c named.conf mode=M
The v2.51 command parser will spot this typo as well.

Andris