DHCP Server

Nitin Khurana nkhurana at novell.com
Thu Nov 21 10:13:24 UTC 2002

Hi,
    I was just curious to know what is the communication that happens =
between the DHCP server and the DNS server? Does the DHCP server update =
the DNS server everytime it allocates and IP address to a DHCP client and =
if it does where does it get the domain name and the host name of the host =
for which the new IP address is being allocated? Does the DHCP client i.e. =
the host provides this information the DHCP server?

Could anybody please let me know this information.

Thanks in advance,
Nitin.