problem uninstalling BIND on Windows-NT; clash with Microsoft DNS server

Niall Mansfield nmm at uit.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 16:51:08 UTC 2002

(Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6)

I have to install the Microsoft DNS server on a particular PC.
However, when in Control Panel > Network > Services I press "Add"
and get the list of new services, Microsoft DNS Server is *not* listed.

This PC had ISC's BIND 9.2.0 installed, and I suspect that is the
cause.  After a few problems, I eventually installed BIND.  However,
=A3Microsoft DNS Server" is still not shown in the list of services
that can be installed (after countless reboots, deleting/reinstalling
TCP/IP, etc.)

Any ideas?

	Thanks,
	Niall

Niall Mansfield
    UIT Cambridge                       http://www.uit.co.uk
    PO Box 145                          email: nmm at uit.co.uk
    Cambridge CB4 1GQ,  England		tel: +44 1223 302 041