DNS Authority Question

David Botham dns at botham.net
Mon Nov 25 21:31:17 UTC 2002

*Of course* without knowing what domain you are really having problems
with, we will not be able to help much.

I looked up beavis.com and no MX RR's are listed:

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> mx beavis.com +multi
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;beavis.com.            IN MX

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
beavis.com.             3435 IN SOA ns1.eun.net. registry.euronet.se. (
                                2002110801 ; serial
                                3600       ; refresh (1 hour)
                                900        ; retry (15 minutes)
                                604800     ; expire (1 week)