TSIG Problem

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Tue Nov 26 17:05:31 UTC 2002

Jose C. Hernandez wrote:
> I am having problems with TSIG.  I receive a TSIG verify error on my
> slave server.
>
> failure trying master x.x.x.x#53: tsig verify failure
>

> I am using the following in the config file on the slave server.
>
>  key dns1-dns2. {
>    algorithm hmac-md5;
>    secret "blah";
>  };
>  server x.x.x.x {
>    keys { dsn1-dns2.; };
>  };

So, did you really misspell the key name as "dsn1-dns2," or did
you just obscure it improperly.

This is a good illustration of the reason some folks get so annoyed
when posters obfuscate their configs.

> I am using Verisign as our master server I copied the tsig key to
> Verisign and I still get this error. Also we are using ntp, will this
> have anything to do with the error if we are off a few seconds from
> Verisign? IF so can anyone help?

No, you'd need to be much farther off than that.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, now available!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/