permission denied during transfer

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Nov 26 22:28:57 UTC 2002

> ok, i have the named dir (/var/named" set to "group-named, user-named" with
> the permisson set to -rwxrwxr-
> and im still getting the error.
> what am i doing woring?

	What arguements are you passing to named.
	What is the exact zone clause in named.conf for this zone.
	What at the permissions on the directory which contains the master
	file and the parent directories all the way to the root.

	Remember if named is running as root it does *not* have permission
	to override the file permissions as you are running on a Linux
	machine were we are able to turn this capability off.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org