NOTIFY-triggered Auto-slaving (was Re: how to list ALL zones of my master server)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Oct 1 22:29:59 UTC 2002

	If you want this write it up as a draft and submit it to
	the IETF.  The working group thought about this when we did
	NOTIFY but left it as a exercise for the future.  At the
	time we were worried about security and theft of service
	in addition to the meta data problem.  We also wanted the
	basic zone content updates to get through to RFC status and
	not to get bogged down in debate over what metadata needs
	to be tranmitted let alone how to do it.

	TSIG can provide the security and through that protection from
	theft of service.  The rest is still a mess.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org