Time synchronising

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Sep 3 20:27:51 UTC 2002

Veeraraju_Mareddi <rajuveera at satyam.com> wrote:

> Dear Rajesh

> Thanks for you responce.

> I am not able to find out indian NTP server to get time from.What is the
> indian NTP internet server to get the standard time.

> And one more thing What are the ports should be open in FireWall for NTP to
> get time from internet

Port 123 UDP

See "http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/" for information about ntp,
and there is no inherent problem using a US or european timeserver.

Just pick one or two servers

( if you want you can also dedicate one machine as "ntp-server" using it's
clock as time reference, You wont get absolute time but you will
be able to sync your machines together within milliseconds.)

Peter Håkanson