Integrating BIND with Active Directory

Cinense, Mark macinen at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 4 14:10:04 UTC 2002

We are also in the process of intergrating Bind and AD.  From our tests in
the lab, All 3 ways work.  However, let me add that you get GSS-TSIG
security with Intergrated AD/DDNS.  Bind 9.2.x still does not have that
implemented.  If you are concerned about security, then this might be an
issue.  One question you might want to ask is are you going to be running MS
Exchange, or will need to.  If not, these scenarios have been implemented,
but if you do, I have not seen or heard from anyone running these scenarios
with MS Exchange.  Neither has our Highly paid MS consultant that we brought
in.  That is as of yet.

Mark Cinense