problem with DNS mail server.....cjk

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 13:03:19 UTC 2002

"Constantine J. Koulis" wrote:

> "The host 'mail.starfoods.ro' could not be found.
>
> Does anybody knows why this can happen????

ro. domain has a lame server "ns.eu.net" <sic>, but I don't
think that is the problem.

infoland.ro have only one nameserver, but it is known by two
names, infoland.ro and ns.infoland.ro, this might cause some
problems and is best avoided I suspect.

I'd suggest you speak with the registrar and change the NS for
infoland.ro from infoland.ro to ns.infoland.ro.

As a temporary fix you can probably add an "A" record for
infoland.ro to the infoland.ro zone file pointing to
217.10.200.134

i.e. "INFOLAND.RO. 86400 IN A 217.10.200.134"

It queries ro zone for NS and gets  "infoland.ro".

Later when refreshing it must query ns.infoland.ro for the
address of infoland.ro, and be told it doesn't exist.

You need a backup nameserver as well!