unknown RR Type '/ANY'

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Mon Sep 9 18:24:47 UTC 2002

"Knownsense" <shajikv at fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:alg8tm$f3a$1 at isrv4.isc.org...

> Jim, Thanks,
>
> I am on BIND, 9.2.0, not the one that I mentioned. Would moving to
> 9.2.1 help? Iam wiling to give it a try, but things are okay for the
> moment.

I do not believe 9.2.1 would fix this.  However, 9.2.0 does have a remotely
exploitable DOS vulnerability - so an upgrade to 9.2.1 would be advised.

> Cache.db is not a file that I edited, the file is something bind
> writes on exit, and reloads on startup.

BIND does not write its cache on exit, nor does it load it on startup.

> All I did was to put in the
> cache-file "Cache.db";
> option in named.conf.

What this does is change the name of the file where BIND dumps a current
copy of cache when you do "rndc dumpdb"

Do you use the same name for the root hints zone statement?  Don't.