Confusing DNS problems (urgent).

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Sep 10 20:33:04 UTC 2002

Thibaut Colar <colar at chez.com> wrote:

> Hi, we are experiencing a very weird DNS problems, and so far us or
> our isp haven't been able to figure it out.
> Here goes the full explanation.

> Our company, qarbon.com use to have above.net as our isp and they were
> managing our dns with their name servers (ns1.above.net,
> ns3.above.net).

above.nets nameserver still has information about qarbon.com.

> dig qarbon.com ns @ns3.above.net

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> qarbon.com ns @ns3.above.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      qarbon.com, type = NS, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
qarbon.com.             1D IN NS        ns.above.net.
qarbon.com.             1D IN NS        ns3.above.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns.above.net.           12m24s IN A     207.126.96.162
ns3.above.net.          15m11s IN A     207.126.105.146

Ask them to remove all remnants

--
Peter Håkanson