Integrating BIND with Active Directory

Cinense, Mark macinen at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 12 18:39:51 UTC 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Darcy [mailto:kcd at daimlerchrysler.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 12:16 PM
To: bind-users at isc.org
Subject: Re: Integrating BIND with Active Directory

"Cinense, Mark" wrote:

> Anyone out there using DDNS on their reverse zone only for the whole
> network.  We will be doing DDNS on delegated child zones, and then doing
> DDNS on the reverse zone for our assigned address space only.  This means
> leaving the the Parent zone static.  Is this a dumb thing to do?  If so,
> what would be your advice?

Well, we're all Dynamic now, but ISTR that during the transition we had
various permutations of Static and Dynamic co-existing without any problems.
What issues do you foresee?

- Kevin

Hopefully none.  JIC, I would have to anticipate services outside of our
domain like ssh, tcp wrapped ftp.  I am hoping that we do not have any
problems at all though.

Mark Cinense