Resolver Dependency

C Rahul crahul at novell.com
Fri Sep 13 02:44:50 UTC 2002

Hi
 Recently i started using DNS for my project and read about various DNS
related rfc's. After reading those rfc's , few questions came to my mind
and it will be nice if somebody can help me

1) DNS has to be compatible with RFC 2165 for dynamic updates. In my
setup, DNS server is RFC 2165 compatible.
            a)  Can i use any resolver library in any other machine to
send dns packets to this server and updates the record ?
            b)  What i wanted to ask is that Is resolver libraries also
have to be of particular version to access the feature of=20
                 Dynamic updates in DNS ?
            c)  If yes is the answer for (b) , then how can i find this
dependency ??

Thanks
Rahul