Problems with register.com

Byungchul Cho jokun at netpia.com
Mon Sep 16 00:49:33 UTC 2002

First of all, you need to find what server have authority of your
reverse zone. Let's suppose your ip address you want to set reverse
zone is 111.222.333.444 (Of course, this is a invalid address, but in
order to make explain to easy, let's let it... ;) )

Then query to any name server what is the authority name server of
333.222.111.in-addr.arpa

# dig @<name server> 333.222.111.in-addr.arpa ns

As a result, you have to contact administrator of that name server in
answer section. Usually the administrator could be same people in
your ISP's administrator of DNS. and then request to delegate the
authority of 333.222.111.in-addr.arpa into your own name server.

Thanks,
Cho.

--
  ?e?? : ???@??? / jokun at netpia.com