Compilation Errors in AIX 4.3.3

C Rahul crahul at novell.com
Fri Sep 20 12:09:28 UTC 2002

Hi
    I have a small piece of code and I was trying to compile it on AIX
and it was failing . When i investigated, it gave me some errors in
HEADER declaration. On Further investigating the problem, I found that
problem But was unable to find a solution.

Can somebody help me out ???

Problem Description :

if u see the file /usr/include/arpa/nameser.h , then the last few lines
state that
#ifdef _USE_IRS
  #ifdef BIND_4_COMPACT
  #include <arpa/nameser_compat.h>
  #endif
#else
 #include <arpa/onameser_compat.h>
#endif

Actually in my case _USE_IRS is not getting defined and hence it is
picking up the arpa/onameser_compact.h which is causing me the problem
as this has a different HEADER declaration.

This problem we don't encounter on Solaris and Linux . Can anybody help
me out to resolve the issue .

Thanks
Rahul