creeping death ???

Tommy McLeod tommy.mcleod at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Sep 24 23:42:41 UTC 2002

Hi all,

we have a wee problem,

we provide Name Services for iea-shc.org. I can query this from almost
anywhere in the world (can get SOA's etc), however, I have some people
trying to get to www.iea-shc.org from finland, denmark and now Sweden
who are unable to resolve anything, they cant even get soa's for the
domain.

I have checked this from the states, malaysia, the netherlands etc etc
and they all seem to be able to et the required info and resolve the
hosts, I have come up through the root .org servers and they have also
provided the correct information.

Heres the funny part, we serve ns requests for vuw.ac.nz, the affected
servers in finland and denmark can resolve those perfectly, they get
soa's etc but still cant get iea-shc.org ... but the rest of the world
can ... hte DNS is on the same box, UDP/53 traffic is not firewalled or
blocked in any way, and the bind version is 8.3.3

Any ideas ???