caching server not resolving local pc,s

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Sep 24 23:59:55 UTC 2002

T/C wrote:

> I setup a caching-dns server and everything seems to be working ok as far
> as internet names being resolved.
>
> for some reason the names of the pc's on my network are not being cached
> as well.
>
> I have been working on this for sometime and I dont know what I am
> missing.
>
> any ideas?

What kind of names are you talking about? DNS names? What nameserver is the
master for whatever zone contains those names? Are there any slaves for the
zone? Can your caching server talk to the master and/or slaves for the
zone? Is the zone delegated properly?

More details are required to troubleshoot this problem.