IXFR, NOTIFY, and NAT

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Wed Sep 25 00:35:55 UTC 2002

"Robert Messinger" <lists at mail.tiggee.com> wrote in message
news:amql6u$bi55$1 at isrv4.isc.org...

> Just wanted to mention this to everyone.
>
> Strongly suggest you "not" use NAT if you want the NOTIFY
> to work correctly.  I have a feeling that there is something
> with the IP header which throws the whole thing in the crapper.

Mine works flawlessly.  The trick is that you have to have static NAT *both*
ways.  When you originate packets, your source address must map to the same
public IP that gets forwarded to you when you are the destination.  The
public IP is the one your external slave must have in its configuration.

> In fact, there isn't even any logging that can be found.

Are you sure you aren't dropping the outbound packets?