How to search any domain with dns1.xxx.com

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Sep 30 21:26:52 UTC 2002

Francesco Moi wrote:

> Hello.
>
> First of all, perhaps this is not the right newsgroup to post this,
> and I must apologize for it.
>
> I want to find a whois service in order to search any domain with
> dns1.xxx.com as their DNS server.
>
> I mean, each domain has its own DNS server to manage it, and I would
> like to find all the domains with a specific DNS server:
> dns1.onedomain.com.
>
> Do you know any service?

There's no quick and easy way to do this. If you could demonstrate a
legitimate need, I suppose the .com operators might allow you to have a
copy of the zone file. But it's multiple gigabytes in size.

Can you demonstrate a legitimate need? What it is that you're trying to
do, would it be worth the time and effort?