Two masters for one zone

Herb Martin news at LearnQuick.com
Fri Aug 1 22:53:37 UTC 2003

> Inconsistency is unavoidable in that architecture, unless you assume
> infinite bandwidth and server capacity. Perhaps it would be more
> accurate for you to say "AD's inconsistencies haven't caused any
> problems we've noticed. Yet.".

Well of course we agree on this but appreciable inconsistency
is realistically avoidable -- something no worse than the
inherent inconsistency from Primary to Secondary is quite
achievable.

To complain about inherent inconstistancy that is no worse
than any other solution would be disingenuous.

As to DNS & BIND, I agree with that too, but if a solution
can be found with a Windows DNS then I will suggest it,
just as I suggest BIND solutions that overcome actual
limitations of Win2000.

They don't like it either - but I go with what works in
practice.