Dynamic DNS and cnames

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Tue Aug 5 08:52:51 UTC 2003

We are having customers with dynamic ip addresses running their services
on dynamic IP addresses. We don't offer dynamic dns updates. Is there
any other way customer can update his dns. The problem is like this.
Customer has set up dynamic DNS service with some other DNS provider,
having for example mail.dyn-dns.org be his mailserver and
www.dyn-dns.org to be his web. My question is - on our dns servers
customer has for example testdomain.ae configured  and he wants
www.testdomain.ae and testdomain.ae to be a cname to his
www.dyn-dns.org and mx record to be a cname to his mail.dyn-dns.org. As
I know having cname for domain is not possible and having cname in MX
record is not  correct as well, any way how to achieve this ?

Ladislav