IDN related

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 6 11:42:01 UTC 2003

	there is a testbed where such questions may be explored.
	www.rs.net - there are some IDN experiments underway.

% hmm, I know it's just the application, which will have to follow
% punycode encoding, but there are several subjects already providing IDN
% registrations(i-dns, verisign,neteka,waleed..). When you think about it
% definitely they run  they own so called "IDN root servers" probably each
% of them different ones, with different approach, my questions was
% towards this, how this is going to be standarized, how the normal root
% servers fit into the picture and where can I get some information about
% this.  Sorry to keep posting about IDN and thanks for any reply
%
% Ladislav
%
% phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:
%
% >Ladislav Vobr <lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae> wrote:
% >
% >
% >>Is there any public mailing list discussing various use/implementation
% >>of International Domain names, clients issues, coding, IDN root servers.
% >>My apology for not directly related post, but I noticed couple of people
% >>mentioning IDN.
% >>
% >>
% >
% >
% >
% >>Ladislav
% >>
% >>
% >
% >ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3490.txt seems to be a good
% >starting point ...
% >
% >There is no changes in dns, no changes in root-servers etc.
% >It's all up to the application(s)
% >
% >
% >