uninstall Bind

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 11:27:55 UTC 2003

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:

> Jaz <jazxyz at web.de> wrote:
>
>>How can I uninstall Bind from a Redhat 9.0 Linux box installed via  tarball?
>

>>Thanks
>

> Use the 'rm' command.
>
> ( exact files to remove is found inside your tarball)

Did Jaz install Bind from a tarball (for which you answer is correct!),
or Linux from a tarball (which I've done by various means)?

Jaz, you probably need to read the Makefile from your tarball, and run
"make -n install" with it to figure out what files it put where. Next
time, if feasible, use the package management system that came with your
OS (RPM in this case) to make this sort of task a alot easier.