init script fails + permission denied error

Bill Friedman linguafr at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 11 05:56:20 UTC 2003

where would I find this option?  I'm seeing that on our other server
running BIND 9.2.1 its creating this file here
/var/run/named/named.pid and that /var/run/named is owned by named.
 /var/run/named didn't exist on the secondary server so I've created it,
yet, the init script or the app itself is trying to create the pid file
in /var/run for which it, of course, doesn't have permission.   But I
don't see where this directory is being set,  in the init script,
anyway. Help!