BIND rndc problem

Mike Kinzie mikekinzie at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 9 23:32:45 UTC 2003

Kevin,
No. In the SOA it is the domain address of the company that is colocating my
machine.
I have for my nameservers:
ns1.mydomain.ca
lancelot.myserviceprovider.com

what happens when I use "dig any mydomain.ca" ths ANSWER SECTION list first
of all

ns1.myserviceprovider.com  hostmaster.myserviceprovider.com

then
mydomain.ca  21600 IN NS ns1.myserviceprovider.com
mydomain.ca  21600 IN NS mydomain.ca (without the ns1)
mydomain.ca  21600 IN MX 10 smtp-fe.myserviceprovider.com
mydomain.ca  21600 IN MX xxx.xx.xxx.xx (my IP)

I do not see how ns1 becomes part of myserviceprovider's domain when it
isn't

My zone data file for mydomain.ca is mainly:

                            IN     SOA     ns1.mydomain.ca
hostmaster.mydomain.ca

          2003080900 etc

;nameservers
                            IN    NS    ns1.mydomain.ca.
                            IN    NS    lancelot.myservicprovider.com.
mydomain.ca.       IN    MX    10 mail.mydomain.ca.
www                    IN    CNAME ns1.mydomain.ca

mydomain.ca.        IN    A    xxx.xx.xxx.xxx  (my address)
ns1                        IN    A  xxx.xx.xxx.xxx  (my address)
localhost                IN    A    127.0.0.1

All the syntax of the files are ok.

I do not seee wher things get mixed up.
Can the problem be with the company who is colocatting the machine and who
has assigned an
address to me.

Thanks

Mike