BIND (named.conf) configuration

Jameson jameson_ray at comcast.net
Fri Aug 15 23:22:54 UTC 2003

Hi Everyone...

I am trying to set up my own personal DNS server. I have a computer
running RedHat Linux 8, with all of the required components installed.
I would like to know how I would set up the configuration file just
for the other computers on my network. By that I mean that under
netowrk properties (in Windows 2000 and XP), where it displays
"Primary DNS Server", I would like to have the internal IP
(192.168.1.XXX) of the name server. I don't have any domains to serve
up, but I would like to use my own DNS server as opposed to my ISP's
DNS server, which tends to be slow at times. Thanks in advance for all
of your help!

Jameson