selective forwarding and firewalls

Alain Morency morencyalain at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 00:38:37 UTC 2003

Hi,

We have two different internal networks separated by firewalls and we want
resolve betwen them. One is for production and the other for development so
we want to limit as possible the interaction between them.
How can we do it if :
     -  They have completely different namespaces.
     -  They are autoritative only for their own namespace.
     -   We only permit dns query in the firewalls
     -   Each network has a primary and a secondary dns with global
forwarding
         to a dns who has access to the internet.
     -   We don't want, if possible, to do zone transfer between the two
networks or
         put the db files of the other network on each dns.

We tried using selective forwarding but it didn't work as we expect.
Should we use an internal root server ?

Thank you,

Allan