DNS newbie requires pointers to good tutorials!

Andrew Crook andrew at NOSPAM_andicrook.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 15:36:41 UTC 2003

Thanks

I have since looked at some example configuration files, it doesn't really
look that bad.
I will search out the recommended book. there are one or two things I need
to lookup.e.g.

what if your own network number e.g. 192.168.42 used later for reverse
lookup 42.168.192.in-addr.arpa (from
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.html example files) is less than 255
ip addresses etc.

can the ip of the email server be set to a different network eg can my
friends MX record point to my
mail server.

what if you have groups of ip addresses in different ranges at need to be
under the same domain.

also once a domain is registered are you free to do what you want hostname
wise.

many thanks

Andi

news:bhjeru$14n3$1 at sf1.isc.org...