Error Messages on Secondary Servers

Smith, William E. (Bill), Jr. Bill.Smith at jhuapl.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:49:26 UTC 2003

I'm seeing a fair amount of the following two messages logged on our 3
secondary servers but not sure of the cause.  I searched the archives and
the first seems to be related to a W2K box running MS DNS svr.  I checked
with the admin and he doesn't think it's running a DNS server but was going
to check.  It's some sort of appliance box.  Are there causes of this error
other than those related to MS DNS Server?
Regarding the 2nd error, some of the archives suggest this is normal
behavior and not something to be too worried about; however, I'm
continuously seeing these errors.  Should I be concerned?  Anything I can do
to stop them?

Running 9.2.1 on all 3 servers.

Aug 20 17:41:33.809 warning: client 128.244.16.12#2083: error sending
response: socket is not connected

Aug 21 13:31:20.252 error: dispatch 1c6ebd0: shutting down due to TCP
receive error: connection reset

Thanks,

Bill