8.3 vs 8.4

J Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Tue Dec 2 16:01:59 UTC 2003

At 03:08 PM 12/2/2003 +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > ... I can't run BIND 9 due to some circumstances. ...
>
>what are those circumstances?  unless you're on ultrix or sunos4, we think
>that bind9 is a drop-in replacement for bind8.  what are we (still) missing?

Assistance with tuning bind9 configurations for Tru64 (4.0x, 5.1x, 5.2x) to
resolve the recursive queries issue.

Chris A. posted to nanog several weeks ago and I followed up a couple of
weeks after that to this newsgroup asking for anyone to come forward that
has successfully run bind9 with Tru64 as a recursive server.  Noone replied.

We've had several discussions on the Tru64 managers group.   Can't find
anyone there who has been successful.  Yours is the first success story
I've heard.