Retrieving all DNS records.....

John Smith someone at microsoft.com
Sun Dec 7 20:17:18 UTC 2003

Thanks for the answer Pete!

The problem I'm running into is that emails to the DNS admins usually never
gets there. As an example, the DNS admin for the Road Runner network is
abuse at rr.com. As you can imagine once you send an email you end up a tech
support rep that doesn't know how to get you through to the person - and
usually doesn't know what DNS is :-(

I compile a list of server names for each ISP and list them on my site. The
reason for this is mainly so that people can install routers and have the
FQDN as opposed to the single machine name which doesn't resolve behind most
routers.

Up to this point I've been manually researching the networks and determining
the naming conventions and server names which is very difficult and time
consuming when you consider that many of these ISP's have at least 500,000
IP addresses and in most cases, more!

--
Best Regards;
Marvin Miller