Virl DNS?

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Mon Dec 15 17:10:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:53:53AM -0600, Jonathan Villa wrote:

> They all return the new name server information.  However, if I do a dig
> or ping from my computer or other servers I maintain, I get the my name
> server information, when I should be getting the new servers.  The
> person who is taking over the domain name says that he was told that
> there is a "virl dns" that needs to be released.

The new servers still have the old ns records in the zone contents:

ucan[~]$ dig +short mexicanfiesta.org ns @ns1.secure.net
ns1.particles.net.
ns2.particles.net.
ucan[~]$

Have the new administrator replace the old ns records with the new ns
records (and, for a time, the old servers should be left running, but
they should *also* return the new servers in NS data).

-Pete