Dynamic DNS

Pascal offredo offredo.pascal at ifrance.com
Mon Dec 15 18:02:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm using ISC Bind 9.2.3 jointly with ISC Dhcpd V3.0pl2 for dynamic dns.
Dhcpd has no problem to register a static address dynamically into a zone
... but it cannot remove it from the DNS zone after the address has been
released.

I 've only got this message in a log file
DHCPRELEASE of 10.0.0.242 from 00:50:56:40:00:76 via eth0 (not found)

According to a post I get this message because DHCPD can't find this
address in its addresses pool because it's a static one.

Is there a way to tell DHCPd to remove a record in a zone as soon as it
has released an address.

Regards

Pascal OFFREDO