bind 9.2.1 SERVFAIL driving me nuts

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Dec 17 07:00:01 UTC 2003

Victor Wren <vwrennospam at ponyhomenospam.com> wrote:
> I'm running out of ideas.  I have a 2.4.20 server running bind 9.2.1.
> Actually, I have two servers, one of which is trouble-free, the other
> of which is being a pig.  They are mutual slaves for each other's
> domains.

Part of ypur problems is that Server helios.timension.com (67.116.23.65)
uses fake root-servers.=20

When they don't see the same universe you may get some troubles.

helios.timension.com (67.116.23.65)=20
trip.ponyhome.com (67.112.125.90)=20

The other server trip.ponyhome.com seeems blocked from=20
TCP queries/ zonetransfers.This is probably i firewall-filter
issue.

Finally, upgrade 9.2.1, it's old and has known weaknesses.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,