reverse lookup and forwarding

NKhan nizam_s_khan at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:30:13 UTC 2003

DNS gurus please help,

I am learning to setup DNS but am in a bit of a pickle of how to do in
our setup. We have hosts which have a mixture of corporate address's
and some other private address's. For example (not real names!!):

10.177.30.1     host1  # for private data comms network
10.41.88.153    host2  # corporate address

I need to setup my DNS server such that it will do the reverse lookups
for the corp address only. All the corp address's start with 10.41.x.x
- The lookups for private data comms network (10.176.x.x and
10.177.x.x) should get forwarded to the DNS server for that network.
(I know its ip address).

Any ideas on how I go about doing this.

Thanks

Nizam