roundrobin and spec. bowsers

Bastian Zacher bastian.zacher at aspect-online.de
Thu Dec 18 10:41:56 UTC 2003

Hello NG,

hope I've found the right ng...

I'm currently experiencing with the bind's RoundRobin. I have two
webservers with the same dns-record pointing to different ips.

webserver	30 	IN	A	192.168.1.10
webserver	30 	IN	A	192.168.1.11

The TTL is set to a very low value. Now, if a brower is connecting,
any webserver should answering depending which ip bind will forward to
the client.
When I turn of one of the webservers, the Client should connect to the
other server to receive the pages. Only IE is doing as expected, Mozilla
and Netscape won't ask for the other ip or whatever. The result is a
error message that the server isn't available. After restarting Mozilla
everything's doing fine.

I'm not able to configure something on all Mozilla/Netscape-Browers who
want to connect to our site, so if there's anything to tell bind please
let me know...

Thanks a lot,

bastian