windows dig

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Tue Dec 30 19:46:31 UTC 2003

Download the Windows binaries of BIND from

ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/contrib/ntbind-9.2.3/BIND9.2.3.zip

Extract dig.exe and the following dll's into a directory in the path, such as
%SystemRoot%\system32:

libdns.dll
libeay32.dll
libisc.dll
msvcr70.dll

Create (or edit) resolv.conf in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc to list one
or more default nameservers.  For example:

nameserver 18.72.0.3
nameserver 18.71.0.151