named.conf 'allow' options breaking dns {Scanned}

SW wppiphoto at wppi.com
Wed Dec 31 16:02:00 UTC 2003

Ok, I thought I followed all the right steps to fix a few vulunerabilities
(excuse spelling). But now it seems on one is able to get any information
off our dns server including local users. :-(  Can't someone make bind a
little simpler. ;-)

Can someone tell me if there is a problem with the following /etc/named.conf
file:

options {
        directory "/etc/named";
        allow-recursion { xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/27; localhost; };
        allow-query { xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/27; localhost; };
        version "WPPi Name Server - NA";
        allow-transfer { 68.166.149.50; };
};
logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };
};
zone "." { type hint; file "db.cache"; };
zone "pureportraits.com" { type master; file "pri.pureportraits.com";
allow-query { any; };
zone "ultraphotos.com" { type master; file "pri.ultraphotos.com";
allow-query { any; };

-----
Thanks,

SW

        WPPi.com        |        WPPi.Net
  http://www.wppi.com   |  http://www.wppi.net
WPPi.com & WPPi.Net MailScanner Signature
This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by WPPi MailScanner,
and has been found to be clean.