named.conf 'allow' options breaking dns {Scanned}

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed Dec 31 23:03:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:14:31PM -0500, SW wrote:
> Pete,
>
> Man, you have saved me! :-)  I think now it works. As you recommended, I was
> missing the end brace in the zone definiations. But I'm still not sure if I
> can have the global options directive to only allow-query local network and
> then all-query any under each zone definiation? Does the options directive
> supercedes the zone definiation. I want to allow outside world to get access
> to this dns server domain info so I'm not sure what I need to do or if
> everything is now fixed.

I haven't tried it myself, but the way it is defined, yes, this should
work.

As I understand your configuration, you want everyone to be able to
query you for the domains for which you are authoritative, but not for
anything else, right?

Don't forget to include your reverse domains!  They can be vital.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B