zone transfers fail -- SOLVED!

Christopher L. Everett ceverett at cobalt.physemp.com
Mon Feb 3 09:39:42 UTC 2003

I fixed it by setting the contents of /etc/hostname on the
master server to be 'ns1' and 'ns2' on the slave.  Once I
did that, it started working.

Weird, why should /etc/hostname matter?

Could it be that /etc/hostname had nothing to do with anything
and the root server update finally kicked in, telling the world
that these 2 boxes were in fact authoritative for my domains?

Whatever is going on, I'm sure glad its working smooth.  With
any luck, I'll have an arrangement to reciprocate secondary DNS
service with another server on another site and another network
this week, and having my own primary and secondary server was
the essential first step.

--
Christopher L. Everett
Chief Technology Officer